System SNMP error - SNMP::get(): No response from

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

claw172000

System SNMP error - SNMP::get(): No response from

Post by claw172000 »

Hi all,

I am new to cacti, i have managed to set up a virtual machine with ubuntu 20.04.3 - everything is running smoothly i can access the web version of cacti. My problem is the following , when i add a new device (my pc that is running windows 10- i don't have anything else to use) i received the error System SNMP error - SNMP::get(): No response from. I have added the snmp service to my pc (actualy i have 2 services activated snmp service and snmp trap). I have tried adding the same pc with different snmp version (i noticed that cacti has a setting regarding the version when you're trying to add a new device) . I can ping the virtual machine from my windows pc and vice versa. Can you please give me some advice regarding what i am doing wrong ?

Thank you very much.
camerabob
Cacti User

Re: System SNMP error - SNMP::get(): No response from

Post by camerabob »

Did you configure the SNMP agent with your community strings and server IP address(es)?
snmp.jpg
snmp.jpg (194.65 KiB) Viewed 28218 times
Last edited by camerabob on Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prod: Cacti 1.2.15 @ CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core) & PHP 5.4.16-48.el7
Maint @ 1.2
Monitor @ 2.3.6
Thold @ 1.2.4

Temp: Cacti 1.2.3 @ CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core) & PHP 5.4.16-48.el7
Flowview @ 2.1
Mactrack @ 4.2
Maint @ 1.2
Monitor @ 2.3.6
Router Configs @ 1.3.4
Syslog Monitoring @ 2.1
Thold @ 1.2.4
claw172000

Re: System SNMP error - SNMP::get(): No response from

Post by claw172000 »

Thank you very much for the reply.

I obviously didn't knew about that. I have set up my snmp community string which is public and the Ip of the cacti server and now everything is running just fine.

I have just discovered GNS3 and i will try to add some Cisco routers to the configuration to see if the new cacti server is working with Cisco devices as well.

Thanks again, and have a great day !!! :D :D :D :D